Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Coughing

I hate the "crud."  I've battled it off and on all winter.  Last week ... the week we actually had no activities going on, I started coughing.  Dane started coughing.  It was absolutely miserable.  The kind you can't sleep at night, no one else sleeps much either because all you hear is us coughing.  And NOTHING would make it stop ... trust me I tried.  Prescriptions, home remedies, vicks on the feet, pinterest recipes ... you name it, I tried it.

I finally gave up after 7 days and decided that I was stuck in a perpetual state of no sleep due to cough.  So Saturday night I decided I was going to quit taking anything and everything.  I still coughed Saturday night but on Sunday (still taking NOTHING) I took a 2 hour nap, slept all night the last 2 nights with minimal coughing.  Same thing with Dane ... he didn't cough much Saturday night.

Isn't it amazing ... our minds are trained that we need medicine to "fix" ailments and guess what worked for us ~ taking NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment